Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, October 21, 2012

Getting what we deserve

“Are the gods not just?'
'Oh no, child. What would become us us if they were?”
― C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
_________________________________________________________
Sometimes I rail against God 
How can you allow this God?
Why have you done this?


I see people lie, and prosper
I see evil unfold, and flourish
and I cannot understand


I look at my own life
at my petty pains
at what I have lost
at the marvelous plans that have come to naught
at the dreams that have faded


I feel my mind swirl
my heart break
I feel fear and anger
and my soul screams
why doesn't God give people what they deserve!?


and then 
deep in my soul
it occurs to me
that I can be very
thankful
that God doesn't do that
but instead
holds me gently and warmly
in grace full hands


and not just me
but all
all creation
yes, even those people
not being God
and not being able to love 
as God loves

see with the eyes
of anger

No comments:

Post a Comment