Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, November 19, 2013

God at the Door

Don’t surrender your loneliness so quickly
Let it cut more deep.

Let it ferment and season you as few human
Or even divine ingredients can.

Something missing in my heart tonight has
Made my eyes so soft, my voice so tender.

my need of God absolutely  clear
                                                                 HAFIZ

______________________________________

Some days are full
of plans and people
of things done
and undone

some days are a cacophony
a perfect storm
of busy-ness and chaos

filling my mind and soul
with a noise
so profound

sometimes
in the midst
a moment comes
just a moment
like the eye of the storm

and in that moment all those things
that I have urgently avoided
begin to sidle
gently or not so gently
in that space that is me

as unwanted thoughts
wander into the mind of one who
slowly awakes

and there I am
alone with myself

yearning for the company
of the
Sacred

____________________________

“Behold I stand at the door……..”

No comments:

Post a Comment