Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The truth about Morning

The truth about morning is that it is the small light of beginning
Breaking through again and again
Mark Nepo

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There is something about mornings for me
evenings my mind is still chaotic
the events of the day still roiling around
stirring the waters of my soul so that all is cloudy

perhaps it is
that in the night the waters settle
and when I wake I can see more deeply

at least I often see differently
and oddly enough
although at times the mornings plague me
as I wake with my greatest worries floating at the top of my consciousness

at other times morning is when
a glimpse of newness shines through
when the glimmer of hope
of God’s love
breaks through

and the promise of
re-creation
reconciliation
restoration
breaks through

and I emerge out of the deep water of sleep
“baptized” and cleansed
and ready to begin again*


_______________________________

Thanks to Mark Nepo for this concept
p. 390 The Book of Awakening

No comments:

Post a Comment