Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Living the Mystery

“Wondering” is a word connoting at least three things:

                * Standing in disbelief,
                * Standing in the question itself,
                * Standing in awe before something.

Try letting all three “standings” remain open inside of you. This is
a very good way to grow spiritually, as long as the disbelief moves
beyond mere skepticism or negativity.   Richard Rohr

_________________________________________

Lord
as the sun struggles to find the sky
as the darkness lingers
and seems to have no end

as I move reluctantly into yet another day
deliver me O Creative One
from easy answers

deliver me from formulas
which may make me feel more comfortable
in some small
transient way

but ultimately do not satisfy
and do nothing but rob life
my life
of the mystery of your presence
and your working

help me instead to move through each day
with openness

may honestly struggle with disbelief
may I live the questions
that in the end

I may stand in awe and gratitude
before a God,
in the midst of a life,
I do not fully understand

but in which wonderment
still lives

No comments:

Post a Comment