Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, November 14, 2013

Its my choice

“My dear soul, flee from the worthless,
stay close only to those with a pure heart.
Like attracts like.
A crow will lead you to the graveyard,
a parrot to a lump of sugar.”
― Rumi

_______________________________________

Lord
here I sit
far away from my mountains and trees
my sunrises
and deer

in the world of fast food
freeways
and fog

here I sit in the place where politicians lurk
and power is the coin of the realm
where fear rules the day
and the crows like carrion hover
over the graveyard of souls

where people still walk and talk
breathe
and sometimes even think
but where the walking dead rule

were energy is drained
creativity stifled
and negativity hangs in the air like a
heavy morning mist

but Lord
you know that like attracts like
energy comes from energy
love comes from love

and I am the one who has the choice!
I can be a person who is positive and caring, and compassionate,
or
I can join the walking dead
I can hover with the crows

Lord
I think on this gray day
a little color and flair would be nice

I think I’ll be a parrot

No comments:

Post a Comment