Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 23, 2014

I am sad

today
I feel

sad

I could feel angry
at the hateful, racists comments on Facebook
at the latest shooting
at the myriad of hateful posts
that follow
any suggestion that maybe
just maybe
our love of gun and violence isn’t a good thing

I could feel frustrated
that every time my program
which simply wants to help people
who are struggling
gets to a nice stable, growing, exciting place

someone somewhere up the food chain
finds a way to cut funding

I could feel like a failure
Because so many people I can about
seem to be struggling in their faith
wow, what kind of spiritual leader does that make me?

but instead I feel sad
that people live in such anger
that they need to say what they say
do what they do

that they live in such fear
and greed
and are so wounded
that very little of the “original design”
the
true
self
remains

and I feel sad
that those who call themselves
“the church”
are, with their own fear
and greed
and judgment
more a problem
than a solution

faith is about
knowing God (McSwain)
it is about union with the sacred (Rohr)
it is about becoming people
who because we are connected
intimately
with the sacred
live a bit like Jesus lived

for Jesus message was his way of life
more than
his
words

Jesus message was how he lived
He lived, purposefully
Outside the “church”  (he did his thing in the church and the tried to kill him, making that point pretty clear)

he lived relationally
he lived love
compassion
forgiveness
acceptance
healing
caring

I want to live like that
I want those in the little flock I worship with
To live like that

I want to see the church
Pull the Kingdom
Kicking and screaming into this current reality

But for the most part?
Let just say I’m sad

No comments:

Post a Comment