Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, January 12, 2014

Where do we see God? How do we see God? In which God do we trust?

Would any seek take root if it had not believed
His promise, when God said,

“Dears I will rain.  I will help you.  I will turn into
warmth and effulgence

I will be the Mother I am
and let you draw from
My body

And rise, and
rise”
                                St. Thomas Aquinas
_____________________________________________

How we shape our faith
our belief
How we shape our lives
our attitudes
our feelings
our perceptions

and yes our actions

depends so greatly
upon how we view the Sacred

it depends on whether we see God in
the beauty of nature
and the cycles of death and renewal

or in the brutal ravages of nature
and in the pinched and angry faces
of those who
with passion
tell us we must turn, or burn

today O Sacred One
I choose to find you in the gentle mew of my cat
In the soft nudge of a mare’s nose
In the startling whiteness of new snow

in the love
of compassionate people
and so I will live
and hope
and
rise

thank you
for being

love

No comments:

Post a Comment