Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, January 11, 2014

To Judge or not to Judge? There is no Question

Look what happens to the scale
when love
holds
it

it
stops
working
                                Kabir

__________________________

Am I OK?
Is that person OK?

Who has value?
Who does not?

We walk through life
acting like horses in a small pasture
who must figure out
whose on top

who gets to choose
the prime pile of hay
who gets first nibble when the
treats arrive

we measure ourselves
and we measure others
we pull out the scales of
wealth, education, power, and attractiveness

and we weigh
and measure
and we accept and reject
we praise and condemn

we raise ourselves up
and we push others down

we are job creators
they are the moocher class

but if we look through the eyes of
the Sacred
through the eyes of love

every person is sacred
wounded perhaps
flawed?
of course

but sacred
a child of God

and infinitely
valuable

can I always see this way?
No
there are people out there I abhor
(although they may not be the people other’s abhor)

and so
this day
I seek to be aware of myself
With all my flaws, and pain, and fear
and all my joy, and love, and goodness

I seek to be aware of the sacred within

and I seek
to be present, to identify with, and to act in love
to all I meet

who in the eyes of the Sacred one
are
just
like
me

No comments:

Post a Comment