Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, January 6, 2014

There are moments

The weight of arrogance is such
that no bird can fly
carrying it

and the man who feels superior
to others, that man
cannot dance

the real dance when the soul takes God
into its arms and your both fall
onto your knees in
gratitude

a blessed gratitude
for life
                                                St. John of the Cross

________________________________________

Oh Lord
there are those moments
of startling clarity
when I understand
I know so little

there are moments
when faced with the most
elemental
moments of life

the birth of my child
the death of a parent

when faced with beauty
and ugliness

that I realize
it is time to quit pretending
that I understand
and am in control

it is time to stop fantasizing
that I have any answers

it is time to simply sink into
the Sacred

and cry
and love
and hope

and dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment