Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy Dance

I shape my heart like theirs
and theirs like
mine
                                St. Teresa of Avila
______________________________

The secret is this
Christ in me
The Sacred Seed deep within my soul

The secret is this
the sacred in “them’

and thus the distinction
wanes

alive the sacred
dances inside me
and with abandon whirls across
the space
of prejudice and fear
pride and judgment

and ignoring the litter strewn
between
with abandon
embraces the sacred presence
in that beautiful one in front of me

who is perhaps afraid
who is perhaps battered by life
but still

we are alike
we children of God
there is no distinction

so we might as well
dance
a happy dance of love

No comments:

Post a Comment