Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just another Day

If God said,
“Rumi, pay homage to everything
that has helped you
enter my arms

there would not be one experience of my life,
not one thought, not one feeling,
not any act, I
would not
bow
to

Rumi
________________________________________

Yesterday was just a day Lord
no amazing sunrises
or sunsets

no special moments
walking on the beach
or through the woods
with someone loved

no notice of grant award
no client pronouncing with joy
“I think I’ve got it!”

it was just a day
filled with the mundane
the average
the same
old
same
old

paperwork
and chores
checks to be signed

tired shows on TV
another win by the SEC

and yet
each moment
if my ears hear
and my eyes see
and my heart is open
each moment is a lesson
each moment is sacred

and connects me
to that
which is
the Center

Thank you, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment