Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, October 26, 2014

That's all I have to say about that ! (What is being a person of "faith" all about )

Sunday is a time to think about the sacred
And about us
And about our world
And yes, even about ourselves

We do it on Sunday, or not
We do it in a house of worship, or not

But it is important that we take the time
Regularly
to connect with that reality that causes us to “live and breathe and have our being”

call that reality what you will

and to think about what our connection with God, the Sacred means
about us
and the way we live

there are times when even I
think less is more

and so this Sunday, as I sit
waiting for a glimmer of light to break the darkness

I look at my sermon, and I wonder once again
as I do most every Sunday,
what is the great truth that lies behind
the words I will share

if I were asked to summarize my “core belief” about what being a person of faith is all about,
how would I say it?

1.  Love God.  Experience God as a marvelous combination of love and power
present at the center of who with are with love and acceptance.
2.  Accept that love and acceptance, and in that context learn to love and accept yourself
3.  As a person who has learned to love and accept yourself (in the context of God’s love and acceptance), offer love and acceptances to all those who are placed in your path.

Or as Jesus said it:

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind
And love your neighbor as yourself.”
That’s it!  Period!

No comments:

Post a Comment