Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 24, 2014

Sitting in the dark

“We don't set out to save the world; we set out to wonder how other people are doing and to reflect on how our actions affect other people's hearts.”
― Pema Chödrön,
________________________________

I sat in the dark and fumed
about elections
about the division of our nation
about healthcare

about all those stupid people out there
who just can’t see that MY version of the truth
is the correction one

about those people who are affecting MY life
about those who are driving ME crazy and making MY life miserable
about those who are pulling pieces off of ME day in and day out

and then I realized
those people
are people just like me
who sit in the dark
and fume, and worry, and hurt

and that for some of them, I am the person who drives them crazy

ah

may I have eyes that look outward
may I be aware
may I perform random acts
of kindness and compassion

seeking to sooth and comfort other hearts
may well be the only way
to sooth and comfort mine

No comments:

Post a Comment