Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 24, 2014

Suffering Spilling Over

“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That's the message he is sending.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh
_______________________________________________

it was a bad moment
the words hurt
the attitude hurt
the behavior infuriated

I felt small
And rejected
and all those old thoughts
of “I am not enough”
surfaced

I wanted to strike back
I wanted to find a way
to diminish them, the way they had diminished me

and then the thought came
fleeting and weak
and then it came again

“how would I have to feel, to behave that like?”
“how have I felt, when I have behaved like that?”
(for I have had moments when I behaved, badly)

and in a moment
in the twinkling of an eye
all was changed

I saw suffering spilling over
 
(and tried very hard not to pass it on)

No comments:

Post a Comment