Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 10, 2014

Living thoughtfully

“At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh

…..the only real authority we ever have over the course, direction, and trajectory of our lives is how we listen whenever we are met with one of these relentless choice points, how we listen for what feels, in this moment, to be the most clear, true, next right thing. In the same way, the following moment will offer its own new and unexpected choice, which helps create the next moment, and our moments shape our days, as our days become our lives. In short, we find the path through our own life by following the thread.
---  Wayne Muller
________________________________________________________

I sit at the table
drinking a cup of coffee
listening to the sounds of the house
watching the horses feed
and the quail scurry

I have made one choice
not to jump,
run
or even walk fast into this day
my walk can wait
for this moment I will just sit

just sit?

of course not!
for this is, or can be, a time of listening
to the deepest desires of my heart
to the voice of the Sacred

it is this voice
it is the Presence which
if listened to
helps me follow my choices as breadcrumbs

the breadcrumbs of God
through my day
my days
my weeks
my years

so this day
I sit
With so many choices before me
choices which are large
and small
critical and mundane

so many choices
all important
for out of those choices
I weave the fabric of this day
the fabric of my life

I sit
vowing this day
to choose wisely
and follow the breadcrumbs of the Sacred
to where
God leads

So,
next question…
Coffee People Black Tiger
or
Jet Fuel

No comments:

Post a Comment