Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, July 29, 2013

A Prayer for Monday Morning


“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”
Thich Nhat Hanh


__________________________________

O Lord
why are you doing this to me?

I sit here on this Monday morning
listening to the sound of my furnace
yes
you heard me God!
my furnace 
running
I look out on a world 
not yet lit by the sun
and feel the crisp edge
of the morning air
and I realize that
summer
with its long 
and lazy days
 is already on the wane

I am not ready for this God
and I am not ready for the weekend to end
I am not ready for this week
which already feels long and overwhelming

but I know
O God
that this week will be
for the most part
what I make it
how I live it

let me walk through it gently God
with eyes
and mind
and heart open

may I live moment by moment
may I live each moment fully
may I
be a calm presence
and touch each person I meet
with
compassion

_____________________________


Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience  - Colossians 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment