Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fiinding Joy

“Keep on knocking
'til the joy inside
opens a window
look to see who's there”
Rumi

______________________________

It is morning Lord
a not so lazy Saturday
full of chores, and trips to the "big city"
to shop
and
oh yes, the crisis phone
 
It is morning Lord
and with my morning coffee
come morning thoughts
 
sip coffee
engage mind
engage mind and ...?
 
Ah there is the rub God
 
it is the mind that gets me into trouble
for my mind has some bad habits
it worries about the future
a lot
it ruminates over past failures
a lot
 
it churns and clanks
and takes me on journeys
deep into dark places
 
someone once said
pray before you think
 
turn to the sacred space
before you let your mind take you
into the places
from which the sacred has been banished
(other wise they wouldn't exist)
 
this day Lord
I pray
that you will get my attention
 
that you will come knocking
I know I know, you told me to knock
 
but you do such an amazing job
of knocking, knocking, knocking
until
the joy inside
decides
to come out
and 
play


No comments:

Post a Comment