Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Peace

As the lungs remember to breathe, even when we sleep
the spirit keeps us alive through
the dream of our will
Mark Nepo, "The Book of Awakening"
"Peace depends on whether we fight
or ride
the stream"
Mark Nepo
____________________________________________
 Sometimes Lord
life is a struggle

Sometimes, it seems as if nothing goes right
as if all is chaos
confusion
disintegration

life feels like trying
to claw one's way
up the stream
against a current 
of hate and fear and remorse
a current of failure
and regret

that is simply too powerful

and soon Lord
I am exhausted
I have tried too hard
too long
I have fought
and struggled

and I am still in
the 
same 
place

but sometimes Lord
I am moving
changing
growing
I am moving through life
watching the 
beauty as it unfolds around me
funny how those moments
are those when
I stop
and trust
that the powerful
flow of your Spirit
will carry me
to 
safety
peace



No comments:

Post a Comment