Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, July 15, 2013

You and I God, we are like..... this!

“Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.”
― Rumi

 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Jesus
_________________________________________

You and I 
have such an odd relationship God
It is almost as if I don't know what to think of you


Who are you?
What are you like?


Oh, I know I talk a lot about you
about your presence
your love
about this thing call GRACE


but functionally
I live as if
you are not really there
and I struggle to believe in your love
and 
find it oh so hard
to accept my acceptance


O God
I really make it all about me, don't I?
I have to earn your love
I have to make it happen
I have to "connect" with you

I

But God, you say to me
"O my foolish child"
Just come
come and sit for a while
say nothing
do nothing
just come
a sit for a while with Me


and
 I will give you .... everything"

No comments:

Post a Comment