Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, October 13, 2013

A matter of the heart

“While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.”
― St. Francis of Assisi

_______________________________

Ah, it is Sunday morning O God
and soon I will be asked to proclaim
peace
love
the good news

soon I will be asked to stand
in front of people who love God
and seek God

and say
something
anything
that will help them on their journey

help me to remember O Sacred One
that the most profound sermon I preach
will be in the time before
and after I preach

that my strongest message will be
in the attention I pay the person who is feeling without value
in the light squeeze of the hand, of the widow who is feeling so alone
it will be in that moment when I kneel down and talk with a child

Remind me O God of love
That my most authentic message will be preached
when I open my heart
and let Your love flow
to whomever
is
there

No comments:

Post a Comment