Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ocean of God

With passion pray.
With passion make love.
With passion eat and drink and dance and play.
Why look like a dead fish
in this ocean of God?
― Rumi

__________________________________

It is Saturday
Saturday
my day
my day to sleep in a little (all the way to 7am!)
my day to catch up
my day
to let my soul catch up with my body

this Saturday day Lord
there is a lot to do
a sermon, hiding somewhere in my heart
and in my computer

trees to be felled
wood to be cut

so much to do

it is easy Lord to look at all that life brings and sighs

but Lord
this is the day that you have made
this day
yes, this very day
is your gift to me

Lord
help me to jump into this day with passion

may I greet my wife
(if she ever wakes up J
With passion

may I write my sermon
with passionate love for you in my heart

may my dear friend Josh and I cut wood
yes
with passion (is that even possible)
for this world
the day
this little piece of creation I live in
these people I meet
are all part of an ocean of
love and joy and happiness

are all
YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment