Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, October 7, 2013

The Loving Hands

This is the kind of Friend you are:
Without making me realize my soul’s anguished history,
you slip into my house at night and,
while I am sleeping,
you silently carry off all my suffering
and sordid past in your beautiful
hands
                                                  Hafiz

_________________________________________

O Sacred One
O God
My God

It is all pretty simple isn’t it?

The answer to everything
to sleepless nights
to torturous thoughts
to fear
to anger

the answer to
the oppression
and emptiness within

the secret to calm
and hope
and joy

is placing ourselves
in your loving hands

and letting You do
Your
Thing


So why do I try to make it all
So much
About
Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment