Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 10, 2013

Inner Fire


The Soul hovers like a sun within:
burning its way out
without ever leaving center.
We call this – the burning out – passion
Mark Nepo

__________________________________

O Lord
sometimes it is difficult to get out of bed
difficult to get dressed
difficult to get in the car and drive to work

some mornings
I have nothing in my head
Nothing in my heart

I am just not “into it”
I look at a passage a scripture
and nothing comes
nothing stirs

so often
when I am in this place
it go outside to play
I think
foolish one that I am
that I must create the passion I am missing

that I must talk to people
do meaningful things
read good books
and if I do
it will come
passion

but I would be wrong, O God
for the seed of the sacred is within
and I must first
go inside
to the inner fire of your presence

and let your
love and power
swell
and rise
and burn their way out

into my frozen day

No comments:

Post a Comment