Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Here I am

O Lord
I wake up some days
and wonder
if there really is much a person like me
with all my wounds and flaws
can do
to be a light in what seems like an ever darkening world

and then I remember

    Noah was a drunk, Abraham was too old, Isaac was a daydreamer
    Jacob was a liar, Joseph was abused
    Moses had a stuttering problem, Gideon was afraid
    Sampson had long hair and was a womanizer
    Rahab was a prostitute, David had an affair and was a murderer
    Elijah was suicidal, Isaiah preached naked
    Jonah ran from God, Job went bankrupt
    John the Baptist ate bugs, Peter denied Christ
    The Disciples fell asleep while praying
    Martha worried about everything
    The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once
    Zaccheus was too small
    Paul was too religious
    AND Lazarus was dead!”*

I suppose that means 
that You
can use
even
me

thank you !
here
I
am

send
me 
(Isaiah 6:8)

*Thanks to whomever first penned this – not me!  Original source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment