Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, October 28, 2013

Like a child

“My heart rushes into the garden,
joyfully tasting all the delights.
But reason frowns, disapproving
of the heart's bad manners.”
― Rumi

____________________________________

A Lord
another hour
another day
another week

how Lord will I approach it?
will I tiptoe into this week
cautiously
like an old man with trifocals
negotiating steps (yes I speak from experience)

will I carefully
arrange my life
ordering my hours and my days?

will I examine
each thought, each action?

or will I roar forward
with the enthusiasm of a young child
who has just discovered
that he/she can walk

and totter wildly
and passionately forward
embracing life fully
wildly

ah yes
I might stumble
even fall
and I may leave at least of touch of disarray
in my wake

I may end up a little smudged
and smeared

but God
I believe that
slightly unruly children
make you smile!

give me the grace
this week
to live life fully

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment