Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, June 1, 2014

All about Fear

“I thought such awful thoughts that I cannot even say them out loud because they would make Jesus want to drink gin straight out of the cat dish.”
― Anne Lamott
_____________________________________________________

I am afraid!
Most people don’t say those words
But way too many of us live by them

The Fear Factor is what drives too many lives
Too many ideologies
Too many dogmas
Too many “christians”

I am afraid of
those people who are different from me
those who look different
whose speech is different
whose religion is different
whose values are different
whose sexual orientation is different

OMG

“they” might
hurt me
take from me
influence my children
influence me
taint me
seduce me
overpower me

and so

I will hate them
legislate against them

and so

I will carry an assault weapon around
to “protect myself”

I will lie and misrepresent them
I will reject them
and oppress them
and minimize them
and make them (in my mind) less than human

ah
I feel better now

but God cries

how many times did the angels and Jesus say
do not be afraid  (hint, a lot)

why don’t we listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment