Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 26, 2014

Perception is my state of mind, reflected outward


Perception is a mirror not a fact.
And what I look on is my state of mind,
Reflected outward
               From the book Gifts from a Course in Miracles, Vaughan and Walsh, Eds.
________________________________


don’t confuse me with the truth
no!  really !

I have my beliefs
I have my truths

I have my way of seeing the universe
and God
and the people around me

I have chosen my way
my path
my way of looking at things!

and my commitment to this path is so profound
so complete
that I really do not want any inconvenient truths

I love this power
I love this ability to create my own reality

of course it has its problems
this power

for it is shaped by whatever is in my heart

if hatred lives in the depth of my soul
if that is what is at my core
the I will see a world of hate
and I will fear

if greed lies deep
then I am consumed
and will look out on a world


ripe for plunder and manipulation

ah

but if I am filled with Spirit
with Sacred presence
with love

then I see need
and hurt
and hope
and value

and look out on the world with love
and compassion
and acceptance

if what I perceive is my state of mind
reflected outward
then may
truth
which is love

and which is the only thing that can set me 
free 

live in my soul
ripe for plunder and manipulation

ah

No comments:

Post a Comment