Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, June 16, 2014

Presence

Those who can be present with head, heart, and body at the same time will always encounter The Presence, whether they call it God or not.
                                                Richard Rohr
________________________________________

the morning dawn
clouds hang low
hiding the extravagance
of sacred creativity

the world with its wild beauty
is muted

and the world closes in
to four walls
and so I hear
the sound as the heat
comes to life
beating back the cold

and so I smell the dust
baking

and smell the almost snow
moisture

I am present in the house

so too
at times
I need to quiet the world
and be present in the house
that in presence I might
touch
Presence

No comments:

Post a Comment