Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 19, 2014

Step away from the Ego

It's this thing about life & death.. We think we know that one is better than the other. But do we? Someday we may think the reverse and find a higher freedom in laying down our body. And even then, maybe, just maybe, the cycle keeps on 'cycling.' Neither good nor bad, but there is freedom in relinquishing distrust of the unknown.   Mochi Gergurich

____________________________________________________________-

Let it go
Lay it down
Step away from ….

Well

Whatever it is we hang on to
Treasure too much
Allow to define us
Allow to define others

Sitting in the morning sun
Groggy from a night that did not go as expected
(I expected to sleep)
It is easy to get wrapped up

In age
Physical condition
Ideology
Theology
Values
Beliefs

Perhaps it is time for some dying
No, not of the physical body
That will of course happen, no matter what

And so I have to let go of that too
And ask myself
How do I want to live this day, knowing I am going to die? (Thanks Wayne Muller)

But I have to let go of all that which is restraining
Burdensome
Tired
Limiting

A view of God that is not big enough
A view of the self that is about little externals
Rather than about core internals

And so I sit
And every attribute I attribute to myself
I have to imagine
The opposite (an exercise from Beatrice Bruteau)

Am I tall? (well moderate)
Then I must imagine myself short

Am I educated? Then who am I without that education
Without my power and responsibility
Who am I if I am not the “Executive Director”

Who am I without my quick mind, and glib tongue
Or perhaps glib fingers (typing)

Who am I when I strip myself down to nothing
And die to all of that!?

I AM
I AM who I am in I AM

Ah, if you can figure that one out
You may have already had your morning coffee

And when I am
Then I can look at you, and say
I may be you too (and you may be me) (Bruteau’s brilliance again)
And we are
The communion of Saints

Whoa, way too deep for this early on a Thursday morning

Step away from the keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment