Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, June 30, 2014

Consider the lilacs!

“I think joy and sweetness and affection are a spiritual path. We're here to know God, to love and serve God, and to be blown away by the beauty and miracle of nature. You just have to get rid of so much baggage to be light enough to dance, to sing, to play. You don't have time to carry grudges; you don't have time to cling to the need to be right.”
― Anne Lamott
________________________________

I choose
not to be grim
I choose this day
not to put my energy into whatever is wrong

a friend long bald
used to joke that aging men only had so much testosterone
and if I wanted to waste mine growing hair
well, that was ok with him

there is only so much time
only so much energy

I am not going to spend mine
focusing on,
carrying,
failure
frustrations
grudges
anger

I am not going to spend it
“fighting sin”
in my life
or anyone else’s

I want to be light enough to dance
joyful enough to smile -- and mean it

I want to be full enough
of the sacred
to live it
to be it

the lilac blooms on the table
do not fight to be lilacs
they are so what they are
they just sit there

beautiful
fragrant

I want to be like them

No comments:

Post a Comment