Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, July 21, 2016

Love and Hate

“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
                                                                                      Elie Wiesel
______________________________________________________

we live in a world divided
we hear the voices of hate
and see the anger
and watch distorted faces
cheer the abominable

we see people shot
we see the horrific and deadly retaliation

we watch as people chant in the streets

this is the world
divided, extreme

sometimes I don’t know how to respond

can I be angry?
can I hate forces, and people, who promote evil?

O lord, I do not know
All I know
Is that I am not

Indifferent

make me an instrument
of thy
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment