Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Patient Soul

Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?”
                                           Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
________________________________________

it does not matter how clear the day
or how sharply the mountain pierces the sky

another day will break
where fog and mist obscure
and little can be seen
but the dim shapes of the firs
standing watch in the gloom

I have moments when I dare to believe
I have a clue
about what has happened,
what is happening
what will happen

but I am soon disavowed of that
imprudent notion
and the clear pool of knowledge
is muddied
and I am left
without clarity

the past in disarray
and the future ambiguous

there is nothing left to do
except go with the moment
live it fully
one moment at a time

and wait patiently
until  the water clears
and I can see again

for a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment