Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, July 24, 2016

Rooted in Hope

May you never become cynical
May you never become jaded
May you never lose heart
May you never let the bastards get you down
May you never lose faith

May you see light and good in everyone
May you remain open to wonder and mystery
May you stand firm in the assault of the powers
(shielded with the armor of God
and a good sense of humor)
May you stay rooted in hope
AMEN.
                                                          (by Neil Paynter)
_____________________________________________

who will win
the battle for my soul (or true self, call it what you will)?

there are two worlds out there

one is dark and terrifying
with all of its hate and prejudice,
and talking heads twisted and distorted
with its violence, and oppression

but
there are beautiful things out there too!
mountains
and skies so blue you think the Sacred is playing with her
color filters again

there are beautiful animals
and playful ones too

there are children who laugh
and people who bake you pies
“just because’

which world wins?

it seems it all depends on my inner world
and where I decide to put my energy

it depends on who I listen to
and what I look for

when all is said and done
I create the world I live in
(yes, I know that is not totally true,
 but it is still very true)

so I will seek the Sacred
I will nurture my relationship
with The Beloved

I will look for good
and be open to beauty
I will grab love when I can

And I will stay rooted in hope
_______________________________________________

(Thanks to Neil Paynter, whom I do not know,
  but whose words were so impactful
  and to Diana Butler Bass who first shared this beautiful benediction)

No comments:

Post a Comment