Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The right questions

It is not always a question of the Emperor having no clothes on. Sometimes it is, 'Is that an Emperor at all?
                                            Idries Shah, Reflections
_________________________________________________

sometimes we ask the wrong questions

at least I do

I ask questions purportedly to help discover what is real
but I have already made up my mind
I am creating my own precious reality

and my question may not bring me close to the truth
but further from it
designed to support my preconceived notions.

Sometimes I ask questions to manipulate
At other times to confuse
At other times, to hurt!

“But all I did was ask a question!”
I whine

but deep inside I know the truth
my searching is only a game I play

whether my questions are about the Sacred One
or politician
or even a friend

there is at times
a fundamental dishonesty to my questions
that in the end
leaves me ashamed, embarrassed

an nowhere closer to the truth

“Why is Trump orange?”
“Why are Muslims hateful”
“Why do right wing Christians exclude?”

the wrong questions

Perhaps the better question are

“why do I judge?”
“How can I help build a bridge of love between diverse, polarized people?”
“How can I build a bigger table?”

Oh Beloved One

Give me the right questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment