Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 29, 2020

the goal is union


May I live this day
Compassionate of heart,
Clear in word,
Gracious in awareness,
Courageous in thought,
Generous in love.
                             JOHN O'DONOHUE
________________________________________________

today O Sacred One
I want to be a saint
I want to be so connected to the sacred

So permeated by Sacred Presence
So permeated with Sacred love

That my whole life becomes and expression of who God is
I become “holy”

Which is, as I understand it, what it means to be a saint
Being a person with an exceptional likeness to Jesu

St. Stephen has such a nice ring to it

so Lord
this day consume me,
be present inside me,
roll
roar
blow

it is time for a non-hostile take over
make yourself so much a part of me
that I cannot tell where you start and “I” end

let us be united
for that is what faith is all about

may we be like lovers
yes, like husband and wife
two becoming one

the mystery of incarnation
of faith

and
life
even life in the time of Covid-19
will take care of itself

No comments:

Post a Comment