Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, July 18, 2014

The Ocean in a Drop, All of humanity in a Person

We aren't a drop in the ocean, but are the ocean, in drops.”
Anne Lamott
__________________________________

there are people everywhere
here in the shadow of the capitol

Flowing up and down the side walk
All shapes and sizes
All colors and voices

Walking I am an island
Isolated
Protected by my strangeness
My anonymity

I am a self contained system
Self made
Self sustained.......

Right?

Wrong!

If I stay in that place my eyes see strangers
Strangeness
Difference

I see intruders
And threats

And so the barriers thicken
Like vines of distrust
Wrapping my heart.
Squeezing out love and compassion

But when I realize
I am them
And they are me

I hear laughter
Just like my laughter
I see awe
Bewilderment
Longing

I see
The ocean in the drop
I see
The shared divinity

And do I float in the sea of humanity
At peace
Feeling the warmth of love

No comments:

Post a Comment