Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 21, 2015

Accidental Saints

Maybe God can use me despite the fact that I, in so many ways, am ill-suited for the work I do
                                                                                                Nadia Bolz-Weber, Accidental Saints, p. 8
____________________________________________________

Minister?
wow, I am so not spiritual

Counselor?
I am so messed up myself

What the heck is it about the Sacred One

God really needs to do a better job of screening
the people who are called to do Sacred work

the saints of today
are those who drink a little too much
the co-dependent
those struggling with mental illness
the grumpy
and even (perhaps) the greedy

but sainthood is not so much about us
as it is about God’s ability to work
through
us

so rock on
all you flawed people
all you
saints

No comments:

Post a Comment