Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, September 27, 2015

If I Believed

Man, I wonder what my life would look like if I really believed this?  How would my life be different if I was not scared, if I really believe that I am fully and totally loved by God?
                                                                                                                Nadia Bolz-Weber, Accidental Saints, p.70
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what difference would it make?

what difference would it make
if I believed I was loved by the Sacred One

if I believed that one could see me
as I truly am
with all my fears and failures
with all my pretensions
and self-deceptions

with all my flaws

and love me?

what difference would it make
if I believed in Sacred Love so much
that I was secure within myself
and had no need
to hide
to impress


could I
as one who dares
to lean back into the embrace of the divine

be free
to be
me?

would I be truly free
to love
you?

No comments:

Post a Comment