Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Forgiveness Is

Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past
                                                                Jack Kornfield, A Lamp in the Darkness, p. 36
_____________________________________________

walking down the road
left foot
right food
breathe in
breathe out

and then it is there
that memory of
that moment
that choice
that action

I want a mulligan, Lord
I want to go back
and make better choices
I want my past to be so much better

with less anger
fewer mistakes
fewer regrets

there are so many places where I could have
chosen more wisely
spoken more gently
behaved with more restraint

where I could have been more truthful

but I must let go
of that which lies behind
if I am to move freely into what is ahead

I must let go of my own failures
my own mistakes
and yes, I must let go
of the failures and mistakes of others

the past will never get better
but the future

is wide
open

No comments:

Post a Comment