Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, December 10, 2016

A look in the mirror

“The mirror ever lies.”
― Michael R. Fletcher, Beyond Redemption
_____________________________________

We look in the mirror
We see what we want to see

We look in the mirror
We see what we fear to see

We have so little clarity about this person in the mirror

At times the mirror is someone else
Who, as they respond to us, react to us, are a reflection
Of how we are functioning at this moment

But it is so sketchy
This process of understanding who is in the mirror

These days my mirrors are reflecting a rather distorted soul
I seem to be a mix of people
Some kind, some cruel
Some calm, some angry

Perhaps I am like the grass
Blown by the wind
This way, and that

There are certainly moments
When in my fear and anger
I do not know who I am...I do not like who I am.

There are moments when I am in balanced
And acting with calm and kindness

Perhaps, right now
We are all a little bit like
The child
Who has found himself, herself
In the house of mirrors a the circus


No comments:

Post a Comment