Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, December 5, 2016

No pass for the deceiver

THE KINGDOM OF GOD is founded upon equity and justice, and also upon mercy, compassion, and kindness to every living soul. Strive ye then with all your heart to treat compassionately all humankind -- EXCEPT FOR THOSE who have some selfish, private motive, or some disease of the soul. Kindness cannot be shown the tyrant, the deceiver, or the thief, because, far from awakening them to the error of their ways, it maketh them to continue in their perversity as before… ~ Abdu'l-Baha'
_____________________________________________

An interesting perspective from the Baha’i faith

It expresses the dilemma many of us find ourselves in
Wanting to be merciful, compassionate, and kind

And yet being horrified by what we see unfolding
And wanting to confront, to resist
Racism, hatred, and greed

If we resist we feel conflicted
And are often shamed by others
Who tell us we are being childish and unfair

If we are silent?

Can I be silent about the idea of a Muslim registry?
Can I be silent as people who are racist and sexist are appointed to positions of power
Can I be silent as the GOP plans to destroy the safety net, which has helped so many, saved so many lives?

Silence does not appear to be an option

Ah, what do we do with the sickness of the soul we face?
How do we respond to what is evil
And sinful

The way Jesus would have?

Right now?
I am not sure I have any idea

I will try to be kind, and merciful, and compassionate
I know that much
As to how to confront and resist within that frame work?

I guess I will seek to make one right choice at a time
And try to follow the breadcrumbs of God

If I am too kind, forgive me
If I am not kind, forgive me

This will be a difficult path
A difficult one indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment