Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, December 1, 2016

Take a deep breath

“Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.”
― Ambrose Bierce

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
― Mark Twain

________________________________

ok

I admit it
I am angry

I am angry about a lot of things
So are a lot of you

And sometimes we are angry about different things
Sometimes when I am rejoicing you are angry
And sometimes when you are rejoicing I am angry

This anger burns hot
It eats me up from the inside
(can anyone relate?)
It makes me think things, and say things

That fuel my anger
And that fuels the anger of others
Both those who agree with me, and those who don’t

It is not that there is no place for anger
There is

I will always be angry when I see the vulnerable oppressed and repressed
I just will
I am angry at brutality, and violence
Racisms
Economic inequity

When I am angry I hate
And I hate hate (ooops)

So here we sit
Struggling, all of us
Where do we go from here?
What do we do with our anger?
Righteous and otherwise?

I know there are times it makes me less clear
Less controlled
Less rational
Less kind
Less love

I know there are times I cannot and should not let it go!
Even Jesus got angry

So it comes down to what I do with it!

I went to a workshop the other day
Where we were given this little saying as a way to remind of us
A mindfulness approach to life.

Here I am now
Feeling what I am feeling
Thinking what I am thinking
WHILE doing what I care about.

What do I care about?
People
Justice
Hope
Love
Compassion
Kindness
Generosity

I will have my anger
I will sit with it
Sometimes, God (and those I anger and hurt) forgive me

I will notice my anger, and be instructed by it
But I will try as best I can, not to be controlled by it
Or pushed by it into actions and words
That hurt and destroy ( although I will sometimes fail, and need
A lot of forgiveness along the way

And I will try not to let it destroy me, from the inside out

And then I will get up and do something
That helps me do what I care about
Helping people
Loving people
Healing people
Protecting people
All people
Even those I disagree with

These are tough times folks
As I keep saying (perhaps to myself more than to anyone else)
We are in this together

No comments:

Post a Comment