Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Angel Fire

May the angels in their beauty bless you
May they turn toward you streams of blessing.
May the Angel of Awakening stir your heart
To come alive to the eternal within you,
To all the invitations that quietly surround you.
May the Angel of Healing turn your wounds into sources of refreshment.
May the Angel of Imagination enable you to stand on the true thresholds,
At ease with your ambivalence, and drawn in new directions through the glow of your contradictions.
May the Angel of compassion open your eyes to the unseen suffering around you…

May the Angel of Justice disturb you to take the side of the poor and the wronged.
May the Angel of Encouragement confirm you in worth and self-respect,
That you may live with the dignity that presides in your soul.
May the Angel of Death arrive only when your life is complete
And you have brought every given gift to the threshold where its infinity can shine
                                                          John O’Donohue, To Bless the Space Between Us
___________________________

It is clear
I need a little Angel Fire

Maybe a lot

O Sacred Presence
Or Sacred Presences
(as the case may be)

Awaken my heart to the presence of love
And to the invitations that abound, to care, and love, and practice kindness
And may I remember to decline the invitations to exclude, and harm

Touch my raw places, that I might heal, be re-created
And thus find the power to serve

Open my mind to the possibilities
That I might not sink into despair
And realize that the place of uncertainty is not always bad

May I see wrong
And fight against it (yes, resistance is acceptable)
Taking the side of the vulnerable against even elected power
Should it be unjust

May I respect myself, and live with dignity
And respect others and treat them with dignity

In this winter of the soul
May I journey toward spring

No comments:

Post a Comment