Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 24, 2014

Lent -17 The mystery of growth


for there to be morning
there must be night

for there to be recovery
there must be the slow slide into dis-ease

for there to be forgiveness
the must be a wounding

for the new to come
the old must pass away

for something to be found
it must be lost

for there to be resurrection
there must be death

this is the secret woven into the fabric of the universe
ah, the mystery

_____________________________________________

Lucy: "Sometimes I get discouraged."

Charlie Brown: "Well Lucy, life does have it's ups and downs, you
know."

Lucy: "But why? Why should it? Why can't my life be all UPS?
If I want all UPS, why can't I have them?.....Why can't I just
move from one UP to another UP? Why can't I just go
from and UP to an UPPER-UP?......I don't want any Downs!
I Just want Ups and Ups and Ups and Ups!"
                                                                                                Charles Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment