Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lent - 10 Hope


“I have found it very important in my own life to try to let go of my wishes and instead to live in hope. I am finding that when I choose to let go of my sometimes petty and superficial wishes and trust that my life is precious and meaningful in the eyes of God something really new, something beyond my own expectations begins to happen for me. (Finding My Way Home)”
― Henri J.M. Nouwen
_____________________________________________

I know what I want
How It want it
When I want it

Sometimes I am like a spiritual 2 year old
That’s mine!
I want it now!

But the reality is
I no more know what I really want
and what is right for me than,
well, than a 2 year old

often I want the wrong things
or I am willing to get the right things in the wrong way

and most of the time
it is all about me trying to define myself
or me trying to fill myself from the outside in

I am learning Lord,
Slowly to be sure....
I am learning to take those halting step
toward you

trusting that I will be fed
trusting that I will be held
comforted
healed
filled

I am learning to live in hope

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment