Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lent - 13 - inner light

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness
the astonishing light of your own being.
Hafiz of Persia
___________________________________________________

In the darkness I sit
alone with my self

am I good company?

sometimes
and sometimes…..
I am so full of fear, or regret
anger or sadness
that I am poor company indeed

for I do not remember
the wonderful gift that I am
and the wonderful, restorative love
of the Sacred, which is only a prayer
a meditation
a breath
away

shine light

No comments:

Post a Comment