Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lent 7 - Forgiveness

“Forgiveness is the name of love practiced among people who love poorly. The hard truth is that all people love poorly. We need to forgive and be forgiven every day, every hour increasingly. That is the great work of love among the fellowship of the weak that is the human family.”
― Henri J.M. Nouwen
_____________________________________________________________

In the darkness
when pain awakes me
and I wander in the profound quiet
of deep night

the insistent throbbing
of my flesh is
echoed by the insistent aching
that sometimes permeates the soul
as one remembers
wounds given and wounds received

it is a time for regrets
and yet
not a time for lamentation

for although I have at times
loved poorly
I am well loved
and I can give and receive the
great work of love

I am forgiven
and I can forgive
and experience the deep reality
that is the fellowship of the weak

a fellowship created
and empower by Sacred Mercy
which is new every morning

_______________________________________

Psalm 30
I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
    and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you have healed me.
3 O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
    you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.[a]

4 Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name.[b]
5 For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime.[c]
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment