Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lent 19 - Opening the heart

When willful we think
that truth moves from
our head to our heart
to our hands

But bent by life
it becomes clear that
love moves the other way:
from our hands to our heart
to our head
                                Mark Nepo
______________________________

When my love grows
so we think
when my love is perfected
so we think

then will I be able to love
then will my words
my actions
reflect my passion

but it is the cat I pet that I love
it is the horse I feed alfalfa treats
who nuzzles me and opens my heart

it is the person I listen to
it is the one I reach out to in compassion
who opens my heart

the way the sun
opens the petals
of the rain closed flower

if I wait for head and heart to engage
before I act in love
my heart remains forever closed
a stone

No comments:

Post a Comment