Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, March 1, 2014

Participating in God

My
Beloved said,
“My name is not complete without
yours”

I thought:
How could a human’s worth ever be such?

And God knowing all our thoughts – and all our
thoughts are innocent steps on the path –
then addressed my
heart.

God revealed
A sublime truth to the world,
When He
Sang

“I am made whole by your life.  Each soul,
Each soul completes
Me”

__________________________________________


We seek God
We seek to know about God
We seek to know God
We see to participate in God

and so we search
we read
we pray
we worship
we meditate
we go on walks
we participate in retreats

looking for God
perhaps
in all the wrong places

for God is
God is inside
God is inside each of use
deeply rooted
deep at the center of who we are

God completes us
but in a profound way we participate in
and define the sacred
how else can we be the “body”

it is this sacred presence that makes us “human”
that gives us our identify at the children of God

Namaste, the sacred in me salutes the sacred in you
The Christ in me salutes and honors the Christ in you
The Beloved in me senses, and connected with “the Beloved” in you

And this is where all compassion
All love
All generosity
Comes from

This is how the “way” of Jesus
becomes even a remote possibility

for how do I forgive
how do I act with compassion
how to I honor and respect
and yes
ah yes, love
those who are different from me?
who look different, sound different, smell different
how do I love those who believe different things

and how do I love
yes love
those who have hurt me, rejected me
those who have done horrible things to others

unless I can see in them
what I know and experience in me
the Presence?

No comments:

Post a Comment