Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, March 28, 2014

Lent - 21 "Them"

 
 
There are only two kinds of men: the righteous who think they are sinners and the sinners who think they are righteous.”
― Blaise Pascal, Pensées

_________________________________________

Ah
Lord

I was so angry at “them”
those people who think they are righteous
and trample the poor
and wounded

I raised my voice to the sky
in lament and condemnation

and I thought to myself
how righteous am I
with my compassion
and acceptance

and then I knew
I was a Pharisee on the corner
Condemning
the Pharisee
on the other corner

forgive me

No comments:

Post a Comment